Note: Where we’re going from here.
- Expand Editor capabilities.
- Improve save-load times and bugs.
- Continue updating official 2020 campaign.
President Infinity Beta v. 3.2.7 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes a bug with starting a game with 3rd parties (Libertarian, Green) and a bug with debate prep., adds the Primary Results Screen, shows the Spin Screen automatically at the beginning of a turn, and adds the Editor (but only editing the name, credits, and blurbs allowed at this point – this will be expanded gradually).
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 3.2.7 adds
- Spin Screen > automatically shown at beginning of turn if any news stories
- Notes Screen > can press ‘n’ to close
- Spin Screen > can press ‘n’ to close
- Start Screen > can press ‘n’ -> new game
- Main Screen > can press ‘n’ -> done turn
- added Primary Results Screen, shown automatically after primaries
- Main Screen > primaries > click Completed Button, now shows Primary Results Button
- Select Campaign Screen > fixed bug where wasn’t showing message saying party needs at least one ‘Declared’ candidate
- fixed bug with starting games in primaries with Libertarian or Green parties ‘on’
- Editor > can now start the Editor, edit the name, credits, general and primary blurbs
- Activities > Debate Prep. > fixed bug where would add multiples of same debate every time viewed Debate Info Screen, caused bug where wouldn’t update to next debate
Very limited Editor. It may crash or have other bugs. Save-load is considered an experimental feature right now (only recommended for games starting in the general election, outside of testing purposes – it is very slow for typical games starting in the primaries, with save times in the minutes for a typical 2020 primaries start, and loads multiples of that).
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
If you are a President Infinity owner on subscription (or if you purchased President Infinity within the last year), you are eligible for this upgrade (if not, you can add a subscription here).
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/
6 thoughts on “President Infinity Beta – v. 3.2.7”
This will move to an official release before the Editor is completed. The Editor is basically a full app in itself, and completing it will probably take several months.
Once save-load moves out of experimental status, the focus will shift to continuing to improve 2020 and Congress Infinity.
Should we expect an update to the 2020 scenario prior to the election?
We’ve heard nothing about Congress Infinity in some time. Is that going to get an update?
Yes, once PI is released officially the focus will switch to CI.
There is one major feature left for PI before official release – save-load (currently in experimental form).
I noticed that after a few turns you can’t control the vp candidate.
2020 is continuing to be updated, and more updates can be expected before the election.