President Infinity Beta v. 1.1.1 for Windows and Mac has been released!
This release fixes important bugs that prevented campaigns from starting or being played, users can now import campaigns using the Change Campaign Screen > Import button, and users can now select the location and file name when exporting election night results.
Note: if you have campaigns you have made, it is recommended that you back these up first. Although there should be no problems loading and playing them, this simply errs on the side of caution. If the campaign formatting is unknown, the campaign will be re-written to disk using the new formatting without backing up the original version. If a campaign XML file’s syntax has to be updated, it will backup automatically, however.
Note: a Beta release is a pre-official release, for people wishing to test the product. It is not complete. See notes below. This version will not overwrite your existing official release install, so you can test the Beta release while still playing your previously installed official release.
Version Beta 1.1.1 adds
- Mac > fixed bug causing campaigns other than 2020 to not start properly
- Primaries > fixed bug causing campaigns to crash
- once Processing Turn Screen is showing, can no longer click buttons on Main Screen, which could cause game to crash
- Election Screen > Export Results > can now select location and name for file
- Select Campaign > Change Campaign > can now Import user-designed campaigns
I am not looking for feedback on the game unless it relates to core game functionality (basic things you can’t do in the game, crashing, bugs, things that obviously don’t look right).
No save-load. No Editor. It may crash or have other bugs.
Download (see below) and double click on the zip file once downloaded.
1. Right click on the extracted app and select New Terminal at Folder.
2. Copy and paste the following to the terminal line
then press enter.
3. Then copy and paste the following to the terminal line
chmod +x *
then press enter.
4. Then control-click on the app. Select ‘Open’ from the context menu (this is required the first time it is run).
Windows: download (see below) the zip file > right-click > Extract all > select location for extracted folder. Once it extracts, run the President Infinity file in the extracted folder.
Windows playing notes: Use Alt + Tab to switch back to your other apps when in the game. If it hangs, use Ctrl + Alt + Del > Task Manager > Processes > Apps > Infinity > right-click > End task.
If you are a President Infinity owner on subscription (or if you purchased President Infinity within the last year), you are eligible for this upgrade (if not, you can add a subscription here).
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download at the link below. After entering your e-mail, click the link to the web page. The Beta will be listed under ‘Beta’.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: https://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/president-infinity-version-information/
10 thoughts on “President Infinity Beta – v. 1.1.1”
User scenarios still don’t work. The error message I get is: “problem loading scenario”
I’m still noticing that the spin is affecting every candidate equally. In the few campaigns I’ve played generally seems to be affected by whoever the frontrunner is (for 2020 primaries, whatever +/- spin Biden gets, the rest of the candidates get).
I’ve noticed a few things for Mac:
1. Democrats don’t have a convention.
2. I can’t get the Vice Leader to do anything if I make a deal with a candidate for them to drop out so they become VP nominee.
3. I automatically get the publically funded campaign.
4. The EPs are not consistent and will change mid-turn.
5. I can’t get the actual election to work I get the processing turn circle with (-100%) and nothing happens.
is there no way to just use the 2016 Presidential forever game and add the 2020 candidates?
Thanks for these – noted.
For 4., can you say more specifically what you mean by this?
For 5., can you say what campaign you are playing, which player, and whether you are starting in general or primaries?
Not sure what you’re referring to here – can you rephrase?
Got it – thanks for this. Will try to replicate.
Can’t get this to open on Catalina 10.15.5 Just get the “The developer needs to update this application” message even when I do the specific open instructions you mentioned.
Make sure you’re downloading the correct link (it will be labeled ‘Beta’).
Got it thanks. Must have downloaded the wrong folder, my bad.