Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. v. 3.0.5 sneak-peek for Windows and Mac has been released!
This sneak-peek is a major update, and adds Instant-Runoff (also called Ranked Choice or Preferences), Australia – 2019, attributes are now 0-10 instead of 1-5, introduces Favorability, shows info on the map when you move the mouse over a region, allows for increasing the size of the window, introduces counter-moves for computer players for ground ops and ads, and more.
Note: this version changes spacebarring to close various screens to ‘n’.
(Note: for goals for this release cycle, Spring 2019, see here.)
If you are a Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. owner on subscription (or if you purchased President Infinity within the last year), you are eligible for this upgrade.
This is a comprehensive update.
You can download this release by requesting a download e-mail at the link below. From the e-mail, click the link to the web page. On the web-page, there will be a ‘Sneak-peek’ link.
To update: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/
Version information: http://270soft.com/updates-redownloads/prime-minister-infinity-u-k-version-information/
What’s new in this upgrade from the previous release (v. 2.7.8)
- Platform Screen > fixed bug where player issue positions (“Center-Right” and so on) would disappear
- Platform Screen > fixed bug with issue position Power bonuses for secondary regions
- Editor > Regions > Issues > added ‘Set All Issues’ button, to set all issues for a region to specified center
- Editor > Basics > Constants and Coefficients > added Fundraising coefficient
- computer players now make more ads
- Editor > Regions > fundamental regions > added exemptions for shifts, for regions where you want to specify %s without the shifts
- allows for increasing the size of windows (for high-resolution or high-DPI displays)
- Editor > Basics > More > can set tied color
- if move mouse across map, will show info for region mouse on
- 1-5 -> 0-10 attributes system
- Electoral Vote Info Screen (Constituency Screen) > if hover over Create Target, Org. Strength, Footsoldiers, Polling button, info
- Create Polling > 1 CP total -> 0.5 CPs per day
- Create Org. Strength > 2 CPs total -> 0.5 CPs per day
- Sim Screen > fixed bug where win wasn’t counted if won seats but not popular vote
- Editor > Surrogate > if has images, can set to default
- for save (including autosave), a temporary save file is created first, so if there is an error for some reason, any existing save file is not overwritten
- Main Screen > spacebarring for Done Turn -> ‘n’ (next)
- region-specific leader bonuses are no longer by %, but affect Favorability – these should roughly map to what used to be the % bonuses in most cases
- endorsers can now be set to only endorse if candidate has certain position
- if endorser endorses and requires certain position, and then candidate endorsed changes position to position endorser doesn’t allow, endorser will take back endorsement
- if autosaving, shows message that saving
- redid Notes Screen, now larger, isn’t draggable, different look
- can press Esc or ‘n’ to close Notes Screen, not spacebar
- Spin Screen > spacebar -> ‘n’
- Debate Results Screen > can press ‘n’ to close screen
- Message Screen > can press ‘n’ to close screen
- changed how polls work so program uses up less memory and runs more quickly
- Main Screen > momentum mode > fixed bug where up and down arrows wouldn’t change players listed
- debates matter more > debate news stories +2 spin, can have more news stories
- improved computer AI
- Editor > Endorsers > added search box
- Themes Screen > View All > text fits
- AI > Ground Ops > computer players now make counter-moves when building ground ops
- AI > Ads > computer players now make counter-moves when creating and running ads
- AI > computer players now create and run ads regionally, instead of just for specific constituencies
- computer players now create ads that can be run nationally, instead of just regionally or for specific constituencies
- Editor > Regions > Universal > Basics > General Election > adds Ranked Choice (also called instant-runoff or preferences – in game it is called Instant-Runoff)
- Main Screen > if Ranked Choice is ‘on’ for campaign, option to view as FPP (without instant-runoff), Instant-Runoff or Instant-Runoff 2C (2 candidates)
- adds Australia – 2019
- updates Australia – 2016
12 thoughts on “Prime Minister Infinity – U.K. next release sneak-peek v. 3.0.5, Windows and Mac”
Mac version now released.
The new Instant Run-off feature works really well as does the rest of the update 🙂
Note: Campaign designers can create new campaigns with Instant-Runoff, but editing voter flow numbers isn’t available in the Editor yet. Instead, those numbers have to be edited in an XML editor using the campaign’s ranked_choice.xml file (automatically generated when you turn Ranked Choice ‘on’ in the editor). Editor capability for editing the numbers will be added soon.
The Australia – 2019 campaign doesn’t have updated issues – that will be done shortly. I wanted to release this as soon as possible as the election is May 18th.
Thanks for this – good to hear.
It looks like some of the candidates in campaigns are going into massive debt – not sure what the issue is, but I think they might be spending their money too quickly and they’re unable to fundraise enough to recover because constituencies are too small for effective fundraising.
Also, I’m hoping for more distinctions to be made in Favorability – namely name recognition and the spoiler effect. The spoiler effect would probably be a regional setting and might be best suited to PI but the reason for low votes for third parties isn’t that they aren’t viewed favorably enough, it’s because of their lack of name recognition and the perception that votes will be wasted on them.
Avast is complaining about the PMI-UK sneak peek file
Also why did you get rid of the spacebarring feature? I found it very useful.
@NYR re Avast,
It is probably complaining because it is a relatively new file.
@NYR re spacebarring,
Changed to ‘n’, because of standard functionality associated with the spacebar.
“It looks like some of the candidates in campaigns are going into massive debt”
Which campaign(s) is this happening on, and which candidates?
Great update. May I ask: what is the difference between instant runoff and instant runoff 2C? Great update by the way!
I’ve added a new post here
which explains Instant-Runoff, and also linked to it from the Help file under ‘Tutotial’.