This post will keep track of changes to the upcoming version of President Infinity v. Amundsen – Test Release – 1.8.1, and includes an estimated release date for it (as with any estimate, this can change).
Est. release date: Saturday, December 6th.
Changes so far (this list will be updated as changes are implemented on this side, these changes will not be available until the version is released):
- Barnstorming and Rallies > now select issue and player about, plus background bonuses for theme
- Barnstorming and Rallies > new user-interface
- 2016 > Haley > blurb updated
- 2016 > Pence > blurb updated
- 2016 > Pence > homestate South Dakota -> Indiana
- 2016 > Grayson > Primaries > FL 0% -> 3%
- 2016 > Castro > Primaries > TX 0% -> 3%
- 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, 1912 > changed attribute issue icons
- Barnstorming > Vice-Leader > Power now includes issue bonus, as it already is with Leader Barnstorming
- 1912 > fixed bug when editing campaign caused by leader PAC primaries and general values being set to “0” (valid values are 1 to 5) (these values are in the parties.xml file, in the “pacs” section for each leader)
34 thoughts on “Upcoming President Infinity – Version Amundsen – Test Release – 1.8.1”
Graham may need to be added: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/24/politics/mccain-encouraging-graham-to-run-for-president/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Ya, we’ll see how things go on this – thanks for this.
Rick Snyder as a potential candidate?http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/01/28/michigan-governor-snyder-president/4961493/
Ya, Snyder’s another possibility – we shall see.
What about adding other campaigns like 92? and as a mac user, is there any way that I can add some of the campaigns already on the website myself? I downloaded 96 and moved it to campaigns but it doesn’t appear under playable scenarios
I’m getting an error message when trying to edit the leaders in the the campaign editor in my 1916 campaign. I haven’t test to see if it does that in the regular campaign. I’ll email it to you if the last 1916 scenario I sent you doesn’t replicate the error.
Nevermind sent you my files anyway with the error message
Something else to note:
When state-by-state polling is activated, the popup says it costs $5,000 per state per turn. It really costs $20,000.
Two things that might need to be fixed:
1) Rand Paul endorsed Bush and dropped out earlier than other candidates. I think he’d probably stay in longer and wouldn’t endorse a mainstream guy until right before the convention. I don’t think any non-tea partier would endorse Cruz.
2) GHWBush endorsed Martinez over his own son. Mainly because Jeb Bush was getting hammered by everyone in the pre-primaries and early primary states. I think he, like GW Bush, would automatically endorse Jeb.
@anthony I am seeing the text, please disregard that. By sluggish, I am talking about longer time to load the next round, loading saved data, and so on.
I don’t know if the campaigns for President Forever 2016 at campaigns.270soft.com will work with President Infinity or not – they were (presumably) designed for President Forever 2016, so they may or may not work with President Infinity.
Having said that, you have to uncompress (unzip) the file that is downloaded. Then, move the campaign folder to your user campaigns folder (you can find out where that is by editing a campaign in the Campaign Editor, where it shows the campaign folder path).
The 2000 scenario I used on PFE16 has (so far) worked with Infinity, as has the 2004 scenario
Thanks for these, noted.
Ok, thanks for this info.
Got it – thanks.
Ok, noted. If you have autosave on, you can turn it off to speed up the rounds. I’ll probably look into how to optimize that later.
When will we get the popular vote feature
I just downloaded Infinity version 8.0 for Windows.
Kasich is in on the Republican side, but not Webb or Sanders for the Democrats. Am I missing something?
When I turn on every candidate in both parties I get an error.
2016 > Haley > blurb updated.
2016 > Pence > blurb updated.
2016 > Pence > homestate South Dakota -> Indiana.
2016 > Grayson > Primaries > FL 0% -> 3%.
2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, 1912 > changed attribute issue icons.
No ETA on popular vote feature yet.
Yes, Sanders and Webb have both been added to the latest version.
When you start a game, are you saying there’s no Sanders on the Democratic side?
Thank you for this feedback – this is a known error, and will be looked at for a future release.
Castro should get at least 3% in Texas. He’s at all 0% too.
Rand Paul to run for Senate re-election in 2016
Rob Portman Says No To 2016 Presidential Race
Here’s a new article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/12/01/the-one-chart-you-need-to-track-how-likely-every-2016-candidate-is-to-run/
Maybe Bolton should be made?
Barnstorming > Vice-Leader > Power now includes issue bonus, as it already is with Leader Barnstorming.
1912 > fixed bug when editing campaign caused by leader PAC primaries and general values being set to “0” (valid values are 1 to 5) (these values are in the parties.xml file, in the “pacs” section for each leader).
Thanks for these links.
@Jonathan re Bolton,
We shall see – thanks for this.
You’re probably right about Castro – feedback noted.
I turned all the candidates in the 2016 scenario on (on undecided to be exact) and got the error message “Bitmap size too big” when I tried to start the game. Needless to say, it didn’t create the game 🙁
Barnstorming and Rallies > now select issue and player about, plus background bonuses for theme.
Barnstorming and Rallies > new user-interface.
Thank you for this feedback – this is a known error, and I will look at it at some point.
Any update on the release?
This has been released, here
1.8.2 is forthcoming, info here