President Infinity v. Amundsen – 1.8.0 for Windows and Mac has been released!
If you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, you are eligible for this upgrade.
What’s new in this upgrade
- Relevant changes from Congress Infinity v. 1.7.3-1.7.9 (see here)
- 2016 > added Sen. Bernie Sanders, on by default
- 2016 > added Gov. Mitt Romney, off by default
- 2016 > added Sen. Rob Portman, off by default
- 2016 > added Gov. John Kasich, off by default
- 2016 > added Gov. Mike Pence, off by default
- 2016 > added Gov. Nikki Haley, off by default
- 2016 > added Sec. John Kerry, off by default
- 2016 > added Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, off by default
- 2016 > added Sen. Jim Webb, on by default
- 2016 > VPs > added Sen. Tim Scott
- 2016 > VPs > added Sen. Sherrod Brown
- 2016 > VPs > added Sen. Joni Ernst
- 2016 > Gov. Jeb Bush > on by default
- 2016 > Rep. Paul Ryan > off by default
- 2016 > Gov. Rick Perry > on by default
- 2016 > Sen. John Thune > off by default
- 2016 > Gov. Bobby Jindal > off by default
- 2016 > Dr. Ben Carson > on by default, primaries funds $2,000,000 -> $5,000,000
- 2016 > Rep. Peter King > off by default
- 2016 > VP Joe Biden > off by default
- 2016 > Gov. Andrew Cuomo > off by default
- 2016 > Gov. Martin O’Malley > off by default
- 2016 > Republicans > re-ordered candidates
- 2016 > Democrats > re-ordered candidates
- 2016 > Republicans > Primaries > updated poll numbers
- 2016 > Democrats > Primaries > updated poll numbers
- 2016 > Endorsers > Governors updated
- 2016 > Endorsers > Senators updated
- 2016 > population > updated to 2013 census bureau estimates
- Campaign Editor > added Issues Screen
- Campaign Editor > added Vice-Leaders Screen
- Campaign Editor > added Relations Screen
- Campaign Editor > added Debates Screen
- Campaign Editor > Leaders Screen > fixed bug where didn’t update leader id label when selected leader
- Campaign Editor > Input Screen > edit component has focus to start
- Campaign Editor > added edit buttons for campaign and leader primaries blurbs, which allow you see the entire blurb while editing
- Campaign Editor > Regions Screen > Percentages > now shows image of leader whose percentages are being edited
This is a major update. There will probably be various bugs in this release. You can download this release by requesting a re-download e-mail at the link below.
Important: when you receive the e-mail, you will want to download the file from the “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link.
If for some reason there is no “windows president infinity” or “mac president infinity” link in your e-mail and you are a President Infinity (President Forever 2016) owner, please notify us and we will fix that for you.
18 thoughts on “President Infinity – Version Amundsen – 1.8.0”
excellent update! Only thing I’ve noticed that needs fixing is Nikki Haley’s description.
Also I do get an error message when trying to use all the candidates. It says “bit size too large” or something like that
Oh, and I think Grayson has 0 on all his percentages
Is it just me or is the update request screen increasingly hard to get to?
I haven’t had a problem, Nick
I have looked at the latest version, and I found issues. These are minor, but I think it could be changed:
-Nikki Haley’s description is the same as Palin’s.
-Gov. Mike Pence’s description mentions Thune, NOT his name. (A conservative Senator from South Dakota, can Thune”)
Other than that, I have not noticed anything else, as I have not had the time to play the scenario.
They also have the surrogates of palin and thune. I like the update overall though. Lots of cool options now. Glad the editor is back.
Well, another thing, the Mac version lacks the helpful text when you move your cursor over a icon (i.e debate icon, etc.) I do not have everything memorized, so sometimes I am spending more time trying to remember what does what, than taking action.
So, I am just starting the primaries, and playing as Kasich. I am noticing the game is being more and more “sluggish” on my iMac. The computer seems to run other games just fine, so I am not sure if it is my computer, or the game itself.
It depends how many candidates you play. The more candidates, the slower it loads each turn.
Can you say more about what you mean by it being more ‘sluggish’?
@Dallas “Mac version lacks the helpful text when you move your cursor over a icon (i.e debate icon, etc.)”
That’s strange – the Mac version has contextual help when you hover over various buttons. Are you saying you don’t see contextual help on any buttons?
Re Haley and Pence,
Thanks for this – will be fixed with next version. You now know who the source candidates for those candidates were. 🙂
@Jonathan re Grayson,
If you have polling data suggesting he’s above 0% anywhere, I’m interested in it.
Can you say more about difficulties getting to the update request screen?
@Jonathan “Also I do get an error message when trying to use all the candidates. It says “bit size too large” or something like that”
Ok, I’ve had other reports of this. I’ll look into it at some point.
@Anthony re: Grayson
Oh okay. I thought it was some sort of error or accidental deletion or something. Yeah, I don’t think Grayson gets polled anymore. Although, I can see him running as the next generations Kucinich or something. He should get at least a few pts in Florida.
Ya, might make sense to add a few points for Grayson in FL.